This lesson can be used for any age just with modification. It's also a great lesson because it gives you step by step directions to everything throughout the entire class including transitions.
1. students will identify and use safe practices in physical activity to demonstrate safety and responsibility to self and others by following all class rules according to established protocols through the entire lesson. (10.3.3D)
2. students will recognize and describe the concepts and game strategies of Addition Tag warm-up game, by correctly responding to questions posed by the teacher with 100% accuracy. (10.5.3A, F)
3. students will engage in physical activities that promote physical fitness and health by completing developmentally appropriate health-related fitness and skill-related fitness activities according to the game called “Addition Tag” with 100% accuracy. (10.4.3A)
4. students will identify and use safe practices in physical activity settings to demonstrate an understanding of the activity of the day “Barker’s Hoopla”, to the teacher with 100% accuracy. (10.5.3D)
5. the students will recognize and describe the concepts of “Barker’s Hoopla” by reciting the rules with 100% accuracy. (10.5.3B)
6. the students will recognize and use basic movement skills to demonstrate teamwork and cooperation with others by gathering as many beanbags as quickly as they can around the gymnasium with 100% accuracy. (10.5.3A)