Physical Education Social Scenarios 7-11: Social Emotional and Distance Learning
- Easel Activity
Also included in
- Designed by the 2019 SHAPE America National High School Physical Education Teacher of the Year, this bundle can complete your physical education distance learning program for up to 10 weeks. Included are: · 10 Week High School Physical Education Log · 10 Health and Physical Education Distance LearnPrice $14.95Original Price $18.70Save $3.75
Designed by the 2019 SHAPE America National High School Physical Education Teacher of the Year, this tool helps develop social emotional learning, incorporates reading and writing and supports national physical education standards for middle and high school students. Students read and respond to social situations they often encounter. Included are lesson ideas, as well as grade level outcomes and guiding questions for each scenario. This may be used as a printable for in class curriculum, remote learning or homework. It has also been formatted digitally including answer boxes and can be shared with, completed and submitted by students in Google Classroom during distance learning.
Each Maybe I Would comes with SHAPE America Grade Level Outcomes and Guiding Questions for the teacher.
Ideas for how to use these scenarios:
· These scenarios can be assigned as part of distance learning curriculum. Students can complete the Maybe I Would responses individually and submit from home. The Maybe I Woulds have been formatted for use as digital assignments in Google Classroom. Guiding questions can be responded to in a Zoom meeting, on a discussion board or through another platform such as Flip Grid.
· Maybe I Woulds can also be used as part of regular on campus physical education curriculum. The teacher can start by asking some introductory questions, then students complete their Maybe I Would responses. Following completion of the assignment, students have breakout groups for dialogue leading to a class wide discussion.
Potential Lesson Outline:
- Completion of Maybe I Would individually. (15 minute)
- Share Maybe in groups of 2-3 (3-5 minutes)
- Share I Woulds in groups of 2-3 (3-5 minutes)
- Share Whys in groups of 2-3 (3-5 minutes)
- Review as a class and give other examples and situations (5-15 minutes)
· The Maybe I Woulds can be assigned to students as homework. The day they are due and returned, the teacher can facilitate a brief discussion about the scenario and appropriate responses to the situation.