If you struggle to teach and structure physical education in the self-contained classroom, this year-long unit plan is for you!
I teach in a K-5 self-contained classroom for students with significant features of Autism. As a part of our daily routine, we go to the gym every day. I have created this year-long resource as a way to structure my lessons and make our gym time meaningful.
Included in this resource is:
- Introduction to the gym (1.5 weeks long)
- Basketball - 7 weeks
- Soccer - 8 weeks
- Yoga/gymnastics - 8 1⁄2 weeks
- Field Day Fun - 1 week
- Floor Hockey - 9 weeks
- End of the Year Fun - 1 week
In each unit you will find
- outline of lessons to be taught
- lesson plans for every day of the unit
- data sheets tailored to each specific lesson plan
- adapted books/social stories
- visuals/posters to support your teaching
Lessons for 178 days of instruction are included with hints and tips for how to stretch units as needed.
Still not sold? Check out this freebie for a free adapted social skills book about going to the gym and schedule icons for use in the gym every day!
Now with editable social stories and adapted books to customize the language specific to your classroom (images not editable due to copyright).
A video tutorial for how to use the data sheets included with the bundle.