This packet by Suzanne Buras is designed to help students understand what physical properties of matter are and to differentiate between qualitative properties and quantitative properties.
Included in the packet:
(1) A foldable identifying physical properties, qualitative and
(2) Instructions and photographs of the foldable.
(3) Physical Properties of a Funny Fish Poster.
(4) Three student worksheets for finding physical properties of a
funny fish, an cute alien, and a baseball player girl.
(5) Student worksheet with scenarios where they identify properties
and which kind of property each emphasizes.
(6) A "What Is It?" activity where student name qualitative and
quantitative properties of different object in the classroom, make
cards with those properties, and exchange with another student
who tries to identify the objects based on its properties.
Click on the link for related NGS 5-PS1 products!
States of Matter Foldable: NGS 5.PS1-1 Matter and Its Interactions
Next Generation Science: 5-PS1-2 Matter and Its Interactions - Weighing and Graphing
States of Matter Siblings: NGS 5.PS1-1 Matter and Its Interactions
Observing and Measuring Properties of Matter: NGS 5-PS1-3