Also included in
- A bundle of activities designed to:- analyze terminology associated with physical properties of matter (card sort);- preform a Mystery Matter lab using the terminology learned above (lab activity);- distinguish between physical changes and chemical changes (card sort);- convert descriptions of chemi$15.30$17.00Save $1.70
An excellent science literacy and mystery matter lab activity for identifying physical properties of matter! Once both parts are assembled, you may use this activity for years to come. Only four student answer worksheets need printing after that. Crosscutting concepts: structure & function.
Two parts to this activity:
Students sort through 205 cards to identify words that may be used to describe the 23 physical properties of matter included in this activity. (This will really challenge their understanding of the physical properties of matter!!) A definition for each property also included. Designed to allow for the option of optical mark recognition (OMR) assessment methods to save you time.
: boiling point, brittleness, clarity, color, concentration, conductivity, density, ductility, form, hardness, luster, magnetism, malleability, mass, melting point, odor, solubility, state, taste, temperature, texture, viscosity, & volume.
Students compare and contrast physical properties and identify matter using the language introduced in part A.
Designed to address some common student misconceptions and increase understanding. 38 bottles in all. Acquisition of materials and assembly of bottles is required. Complete list of materials, instructions, and pictures are included. All items easily sourced from home or at your local craft, hardware, bulk, and/or grocery store. Relatively safe household items used.
- 4 student worksheets (two pages per activity);
- 12 pages containing physical properties of matter placemats;
- 13 pages of words that may be used to describe and definitions (205 cards in all);
- Educator instructions for assembly of bottles, materials required, pictures, useful tips;
- All answers.
Original Artwork (©AwesomeScience). For Personal Use Only. Uneditable.
Copyright ©AwesomeScience 2017 – The Present.
All Rights Reserved by Author.
By using this Resource you agree to the Terms as outlined in the Terms of Service. This Resource is for limited Personal Use only; not to be used, in part or in whole, for commercial purposes. Each Individual License is for use by one specific educator only. Additional licenses must be purchased for each additional educator. Except as permitted in Section 3 to deliver Resources electronically to Permitted Recipients, you may not post or otherwise make the Resource available on any website, application, shared drive or other sites or services.