This no-prep paper AND digital paperless bundle is all of the notes, labs, activities, practices, homework, projects, quizzes, and tests you need to teach an entire year of physical science. Every major physical science unit is covered and listed below. Everything is provided for two levels – CP and Honors. This is an excellent stand-alone resource or could be used to refresh or supplement an existing curriculum that you have. Not only that, but the student packets come in a paperless digital version that can be used in Google Drive™ and/or Microsoft OneDrive™. This is perfect for the teacher who is in a 1:1 classroom or for someone who is hoping to integrate more educational technology to move towards becoming a paperless classroom. Because it is all-inclusive, it is especially useful for new teachers, maternity leave, and flipped classrooms! This product was designed for my own physical science classes, and has been used for 8th grade physical science as well as 9th/10th grade physical science, setting the foundation for students to later take chemistry and physics.
What content in this bundle?
• Scientific Method Unit
• Motion and Force Unit
• Energy Unit
• Electricity and Magnetism Unit
• Waves Unit
• Matter Unit
• Atomic Structure Unit
• Bonding Unit
• Reactions Unit
What is included?
encourage you to click the links to each unit above and download their previews. Each unit preview will give you 15-22 pages detailing what is included. In summary, you will be receiving over 3,800 pages of curriculum including animated and editable PowerPoint slides with links to video lectures for each one, 9 packets (1 per unit) of student handouts, over 100 pages of implementation notes, editable unit plans, detailed answer keys, and editable tests and quizzes. Plus, access to ALL of the materials in the student packets in a digital paperless format that can be used in Google Drive™ and/or Microsoft OneDrive™. Not only that, but in purchasing this bundle you will get free updates for LIFE for any content that may be added to it in the future.
What is so great about the digital student packets that are included?
• You can go PAPERLESS in your classroom if you want – no more dreaded mornings at the copy machine!
• You still get all of the organization of my packet strategy, just now in digital format too!
• Students will be able to access their packets ANYWHERE. No more, “I forgot my binder so I couldn’t do (fill in the blank)”
• Students can print their filled in packets or an extra blank copy easily from home
• You can now have a mixed classroom with some students paperless and others not. You can also start with just doing a few units digitally and others on paper. Whatever works best for you and your students. The point here is that you now have OPTIONS!
• You have increased flexibility for students to easily learn and be connected outside the walls of your classroom.
• A built in opportunity to help students grow in their digital literacy.
What types of files are included?
When you download this product you will receive a zip file with 9 folders – 1 for each unit, plus my Physical Science Back to School Resources
. Please have patience as this product downloads, because this is a massive product (over 3,800 pages of content!!) so it will take some time.
Within each of the 9 zip filed units are 5 folders of materials. Most of the documents in this product are secured PDF’s, meaning you can print them but not copy or edit the text. The paperless digital student packets will be accessed via a Google Drive™ link in a PDF file that students can type into but not change the essential content of. Editable versions are only included for the unit plans, quizzes, tests and some aspects of the activities for you to customize for your classroom. The PowerPoint lecture notes also have editable text. This is to protect the copyright and intellectual property of my own work, plus the work of many dedicated clip artists that are included in this product. If you have questions about this, please don’t hesitate to email me with them!
What Next Generation Science Standards are covered?
This entire curriculum was written to align with the NGSS Middle School Physical Science standards.
It also covers several of the high school standards.
If you aren’t sure how your state standards compare to the NGSS, shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with a PDF or link to your state standards for Physical Science and I will be happy to review them for you prior to you making a purchase!
Why should I use this product in my classroom?
Designing curriculum for an entire year that is engaging, activity-based, and standard-aligned can be exhausting. I’ve spent over 4 years creating this curriculum and over 400 hours this summer perfecting it for you. With this curriculum I had a 96% pass rate on the state standardized End-of-Course exam for Non-Honors students and a 100% pass rate for honors students. This was at a South Carolina Public School with over 50% of the students being below the poverty line. My average score on the EOC (all 200+ students combined that I taught over 2 years) was a 90%. I believe this success is due to multiple factors, but I attribute a lot of it to the packet curriculum I have designed, and the fact that all of my tests are cumulative. You can read more about my packet curriculum strategy (and why I don’t use interactive notebooks) by reading my blog post about it HERE.
What if I am not ready to make such a big purchase and want to test it out first?
I completely understand the investment this is for your classroom, as I too am a teacher and know every penny counts. I highly encourage you if you are considering this big purchase to buy an individual unit first to see if my style is desirable for you and your students. If you like it and decide to go ahead and purchase the full curriculum bundle, you can email me your Order ID at email@example.com and I can put in a refund request for you to TpT for the original unit you purchased (so you aren’t having to pay for it twice!) Have questions? I’d love to discuss with you further. Shoot me an email or a Q&A!
I have a full year curriculum for biology too! Check it out here.
Looking for complementary resources?
My daily bell ringers, exam pack, and test review games are not
included in this bundle, but you can find them for the entire school year by clicking the links below.
• Physical Science Full Year Bell Ringers or Exit Slips
• Physical Science Full Year Vocabulary Review Game
• Physical Science Midterm and Final Exam Pack
What if I have a question?
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org I’d love to answer any questions you have!
This bundle will only be discounted during the TpT sitewide sales that happen once a quarter. No further discounts will be applied at other points throughout the school year. You can also earn TpT credits to use towards future purchases by leaving feedback for past purchases. Head over to “My Purchases” to stock up on some credits!
How do I stay updated on new products, sales, blogposts, and freebies?
**Follow Me** by clicking the green star by my store name, join my email newsletter
, or follow me on Instagram.
These are the three best ways to keep up with what’s happening at It’s Not Rocket Science!
• Use this item for your own classroom, students, or for your own personal use.
• Buy additional licenses for others to use this product at a discount by visiting your TpT “My Purchases” page.
• Review this product to recommend others buy it in blog posts, at professional development workshops, or other venues as long as credit is given to my store with a direct link to my store/product.
You may not...
• Upload this product to any unsecured website or server that other teachers can access for free.
• Give this product to others without the purchase of an additional license for them (this includes emailing, printing copies, or sharing through a website, cloud or other network.)
• Copy or modify any part of this document to offer others for free or for sale.
*Note: NGSS is a registered trademark of Achieve. Neither Achieve nor the lead states and partners that developed the Next Generation Science Standards were involved in the production of this product, and do not endorse it.