This final exam is intended for use in the physical science classroom but can be adapted for 8th grade, chemistry or other science classes.
The final exam includes the following topics and questions:
• Elements on the periodic table and their symbols.
• Groups on the periodic table.
• Atomic mass and calculating protons, neutrons, and electrons.
• Identifying compounds as element, compound or mixture.
• Classifying physical and chemical properties.
• Classifying physical and chemical changes.
• Classifying mixtures as heterogeneous or homogeneous.
• Valence electrons and bonding.
• Chemical formulas.
• Calculating gram formula mass.
• Calculating density.
• Classifying compounds as ionic or covalent.
• Naming ionic and covalent compounds.
The document includes the exam which includes multiple choice questions, matching, classifying, and open-ended questions (including calculations).
A study guide is provided as well as an answer key.
A modified copy of the test is included. Modifications include limiting multiple choices to three choices instead of four, including formulas for calculations, and other helpful hints for classifying.