Objective: Draw examples of simple machines. Create a complex machine.
1. Each student receives a handout. Each student draws an example of the simple machine listed in each triangle before creating his/her pyramid. Colored pencils, markers, or crayons can be used to make pictures awesome and different.
2. When done each student creates a 3D pyramid.
3. Students view an internet video on simple machines.
4. Using their knowledge pyramid, and video, students answer questions, and create diagrams of complex machines.
5. Students should share their complex machines with the class.