Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This is a listing for Physical Science notes over Motion, Speed, and Acceleration. It covers proper graphing technique, distance, displacement, speed, velocity, distance - time graphs, speed - time graphs, and acceleration.
1) A beautiful 51-slide PowerPoint presentation that is identical to the student's notes. It is logical and easy to implement.
2) An 11-page set of student notes. I prefer to xerox these as a packet and hand out at the start. These are "fill in the phrase" (a bit more than fill in the blank)
3) An 11-page version of the notes where the blanks are filled in.
4) A fully hand-solved answer key so that you can see my steps that I go through.
5) All notes are written to objectives and the objectives are tightly aligned with standards.
6) I included a page of misconceptions that are based on my own personal experience of some ways students sometimes get the wrong idea. I included this for new teachers or new-to-physical-science teachers.
1) I can describe position and motion and how perspective influences our idea of motion (frame of reference)
2) I understand the difference between distance and displacement.
3) I can calculate speed and identify the variables and units of distance, time, and speed.
4) I can calculate velocity and identify the variables and units of displacement, time, and speed. I understand that it includes direction.
5) I understand the difference between speed and velocity.
6) I know the proper rules for graphing
7) I can plot and interpret a distance-time graph. I know that the slope of a distance-time graph is speed. I know that a curve on a distance-time graph is acceleration.
8) I can describe and interpret motion using a speed-time graph. I know the slope of a speed-time graph is acceleration.
9) I can describe and calculate acceleration.
A big thank you to other clip artists and font designers that make my rocking world go round. NinjaMom Studio, Sarah Pecorino, Crunchy Mom, ThingsbyLary, KB3 Teach Fonts, PigKnit, Ron Leishman, Clip Art Mags.
Copyright 2019 Laura Delzer aka "Delzer's Dynamite Designs"
Single classroom use only. Please purchase additional licenses for other teachers on your campus.