Physical and Chemical Change labs, worksheets, experiments, and extensions. This six to eight week long science unit explores the difference between physical and chemical changes in the properties of matter.
The six labs included utilize five different mystery powders (common household materials) for the students explore, observe, analyze and synthesize their findings. Students are asked to look at the properties of matter using Kitchen Chemistry. All consumable materials for this unit are inexpensive and readily available in local stores. This unit fits into the Common Core for middle and high school students. This unit is available in both Word and PDF formats so you are able to edit these activities.
This 40 page extensive unit contains:
1. Student background information on physical and chemical changes
2. Student activity worksheets on physical and chemical change
3. Six engaging, hands-on labs that investigate the properties of matter and physical and chemical changes.
4. An extensive Teacher’s Guide
5. Detailed Answer Keys for every aspect of this package
6. Shopping List for unit requirements
7. Final Reflection (or Test) on Physical and Chemical Change
8. Fun exploratory Extension Activities (Be a Detective)
Check out our other Science products.
Periodic Table - Projects that engage your students using the Periodic Table
Scientific Method Experiments - an introduction to process and design
Scientists - Different Branches of Science