Also included in
- This package includes a card sorting activity, three interactive notebook pages, four worksheets, a poster project, a Boom Deck, and an exit ticket over physical and chemical changes. Click on the links below to learn more about each resource in this bundle:Physical and Chemical Changes Sorting Acti$27.00$35.00Save $8.00
- This package includes four different physical science card sorting activities. Each card sort includes directions, cards, a student worksheet, and a key. The following card sorts are included:--Changes in States of Matter--Elements, Compounds, and Mixtures--Homogeneous and Heterogeneous Mixtures--$13.50$18.00Save $4.50
This activity has students sort examples into groups of physical and chemical changes. Kinesthetic learners, SPED students, and ELL students especially benefit from this sorting activity because they physically group the examples, which have both words and pictures. After students sort the pictures they record their answers on the worksheet and answer questions about physical and chemical changes in sentences. The students can work individually or in small groups to complete this activity.
This resource includes the following pieces:
-Teacher Information page
-2 category cards (Physical Change and Chemical Change)
-2 definition cards
-8 physical change cards with pictures
-8 chemical change cards with pictures
-Student Activity Sheet
-Detailed Answer Explanation Sheet
-3 photos to clarify activity directions
Want a digital version similar to this resource? Try my Physical and Chemical Changes Digital Task Cards on Boom Learning.
What teachers are saying about this resource:
“This was a great activity for all ability levels to complete together. It was even challenging for the advanced students. Awesome work!”
“Love your card sorts! So well-done, and such a good resource for extra practice and student self-assessment!”
“This resource lead to wonderful class discussion”
"LOVED LOVED LOVED this sorting activity. I really feel like the students got a deeper understanding of the information."
“I really enjoyed the additional worksheet to hold the students accountable for the work they are supposed to be doing with the card sort.”
***This resource is part of two different money-saving packages.
The Physical and Chemical Changes SUPER PACKAGE gives you tons of great resources for your physical and chemical changes unit. In addition to this card sorting activity, the package also comes with the following resources:
- Physical and Chemical Changes Interactive Notebook Pages
- Physical and Chemical Changes Poster Project
- Physical and Chemical Changes Practice with Real Life Examples
- Physical and Chemical Changes Odd One Out Worksheet
- Physical and Chemical Changes Write and Draw Worksheet
- Physical and Chemical Changes Worksheet
- Physical and Chemical Changes Digital Task Cards on Boom Learning
- Physical and Chemical Changes Exit Ticket
The Physical Science Card Sorting Activity PACKAGE comes with this activity and three other matter-related card sorting activities.
Take a look at the other Physical Science Resources in my store.
***Look for the green star near the top of any page in my store and click it to become a follower. As a follower of my store you will be notified when I upload a new resource.