This set of paired passages includes a nonfiction passage about physical changes to matter, a nonfiction passage about chemical changes to matter, and close reading activities. The passages would be a great supplement for teaching about physical and chemical changes in science. Pick and choose what close reading and comprehension activities your students need the most. You could use them all and allow the passage to serve as close reading material for a week. These passages are most appropriate for 4th and 5th grade students.
Your Purchase Will Include:
- 1 nonfiction passage about physical changes to matter
- 1 nonfiction passage about chemical changes to matter
- 10 multiple choice comprehension questions
- Full page anchor chart for reading paired passages
- Mini anchor charts for reading paired passages
- Compare and contrast organizer and short answer question
- Main idea cut and sort
- Written response tasks for each passage
- Nonfiction text features task
- Text structures task
- 3 Writing Prompts for Narrative, Persuasive, and Informational Writing
- Sequencing task
- Pacing Guide
Take a peek at the preview for a better picture of what is included!
If you own the Science Paired Passages Bundle 3
, please do not purchase this. You already own it. If you are interested in the bundle, click here.
Other Products Available In My Store:
Soil, Weathering, and Erosion Paired Passages
Force and Motion Paired Passages
Fossils Paired Passages
Ecosystems Paired Passages
Earn TPT Credits for Your Future Purchases:
- Go to your “My Purchases” page and click “Provide Feedback.”
To Be the First to Know About New Products and Freebies:
- Click the green star to follow me!