These geography activities cover the difference between physical and human characteristics of a place. It was created as a cross curricular lesson; including social studies, math, and writing standards. A teacher's instruction page is include and describes how I use every activity in my classroom.
The following standards are covered in these lessons:
C3 Social Studies Standard:
G2.0.1 Distinguish between physical (e.g., clouds, trees, weather) and human (e.g., buildings, playgrounds, sidewalks) characteristics of places.
Common Core Math Standard:
Common Core Writing Standard:
1. Physical and Human Characteristic Word Wall Posters
2. Physical vs Human Characteristics Picture Sort
a. 2 sorting mats
b. 16 physical and human characteristics for sorting
3. Physical vs Human Characteristics Cut and Paste Activity
(Answer Key included)
4. Graphing Activity (Math activity with Answer Key included)
5. Physical and Human Characteristics Scavenger Hunt Activity
6. My City’s Physical and Human Characteristics Mini Book Writing Activity
Clip art by: