Also included in
- Please see the individual product descriptions for details.April 2020 UPDATE: In addition to the printable PDFs of the student blank and answer key, a Google Docs version of the student document now included for easier distance learning use.$14.99$20.95Save $5.96
Question sets and answer keys to accompany selected documentary videos from NOVA and The Archives Project. The documentaries align with specific elements of the physics curriculum in modern physics.
- Relativity: Einstein's Big Idea (28 questions)
- The Nucleus and Society: The Atomic Café (pre-viewing activity and 10 questions)
The video content is typically accessible via purchase or via streaming on the Internet.Detailed descriptions of the documentaries can be found via online searches.
Lessons of Phyz advantages:
- A heavy font ensures high legibility even in dim lighting
- Questions are designed to be answered while the video plays—quick, simple responses keep students engaged without requiring deep reflection that would take them out of the presentation
- Question types are mixed: fill-in-the-blank, multiple choice, check lists, and short answer are common; in some cases, matching or list-making
- Certain moments in a documentary merit undivided attention; no questions have been placed in those moments
- "Play to the buzzer": Whenever possible, the last question in the set is answered during the last seconds of the video
- I am a classroom teacher who has used these resources with my students
- There may be cheaper (or free) question sets for this video; if you look at them, you will see that they were not as carefully crafted or professionally prepared as this one
The zipped folder contains PDFs of student sheets and the answer keys.
April 2020 UPDATE: In addition to the printable PDFs of the student blank and answer key, a Google Docs version of the student document now included for easier distance learning use.