My physics textbook doesn't have enough incline problems for my students to get GOOD at them. I made this worksheet with 5 problems for a homework assignment.
The download is a 2 page pdf file. One page has 4 homework pages, and the other page is a scan of my neat solutions.
These are the 5 problems:
1. What is the acceleration of a 35.0 kg block down a 32° frictionless plane?
2. What is the coefficient of friction if a 125 N block stays at rest on a 40° incline?
3. With what force must one push to accelerate a 10.0 kg block up a frictionless 40° ramp at 2.18 m/s2?
4. With what force must one push to keep a 55.0 N object sliding down a 15° ramp at constant speed if mu = .740 ?
5. What is the acceleration of a 57.0 kg object down a 42° ramp if mu = .346 ?
I can't get Greek letter mu here! ....but it IS in the file you will download.