Pi Day Activities
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Everything you need to celebrate Pi Day! Have some hands-on math and art fun while exploring pi for National Pi Day (March 14th). If you are preparing a celebration for your school or many grade levels, save with this bundle. Please see the individual listings of the resources to see all that is incPrice $7.00Original Price $10.00Save $3.00
- This activity set is only for DIE HARD Pi Day fans! Please view all of the resource previews to see what is included (it's a LOT). There's everything from math problems, hands-on pi exploration, STEAM art projects, logic puzzles, to STEM challenges with circles and more! Please note that Pi Day PopPrice $16.75Original Price $23.03Save $6.28
Pi Day is my FAVORITE holiday, and after completing these activities, I'm sure it will be a favorite of your students, too! This download is packed with hands-on circle math activities and STEAM art projects that are the perfect way to celebrate National Pi Day, which is March 14th (3/14).
Start off by introducing pi and then dive in to a number of hands-on math activities! These activities are suitable for students in grade 5 and up.
✅ What You'll Get ✅
- What is Pi? (2 pages)
- Pi Day Fun Facts (1 page)
- Get creative with circles! What can you create with 30 circles? (1 page)
- Color by code (2 page): Using the formulas for area and circumference of circles, find the answers then color the mystery picture.
- Digits of Pi (2 pages): Students search for repeating digits, and try to memorize as many as they can!
- Hidden Picture (PI-cture) (1 page)
- The Symbol (1 page): Greek alphabet page.
- Best Approximation (1 page): Which is closest? Students evaluate 3 popular approximations of pi to see which is the most accurate.
- Mystery Spiral (1 page): measurement activity
- 100 Digits: Graphing the frequency (1 page)
- STEAM Art Projects (8 pages)
- Pop Art
- Pi Words, Crossword, and Word Finds (2) (1 page each)
- Award Certificates (2 pages)
- Logic Puzzles (4 pages)
- 32 Area and Circumference of Circles Task Cards with QR Codes (10 pages), also included are the same task cards without QR codes (not included in page count). Please note: these task cards are also listed here, so please do not purchase both! If you want just the task cards, please go to that listing.
- Answer Keys (5 pages)
- Credits (1 page)
What Teachers are Saying
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ "I used this last year with my 5th graders for Pi Day which fell during STEAM week! It was perfect! I love how so many options are included!!! I think these activities would be fun for anytime at-home learning, too!"
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ "My students thoroughly enjoyed using this resource. It was easy to prepare and explain. This concept, in general is difficult for 5th graders, but your product made it less of a challenge."
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ "If I could give this a higher rating I would. It is by far my favorite resource and the kids adored doing these last year."
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ "I used many of these activities this year. I created a menu of options and let the students pick what interested them. Pi day is a great way to apply math to the real world and have some fun, these resources were a lifesaver! Very detailed, neat, and fun!"
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ "This is much more than a Pi Day packet. The task cards are awesome. Thanks."
Need Pi Day for Elementary?
Looking for Pi Day activities for your elementary students? Head over to Pi Day Fun! You can also download a short activity and game with this freebie!
Getting ready for a school-wide celebration or have students with vastly different mathematical abilities? Save money by purchasing this as part of a bundle: Pi Day Bundle!
Quick Links to Pi Day Resources
Pi Day Fun (for K-4)
Pi Day Pack (for grades 5+)
Pi Day Doodle Notes Think & Ink
Circumference and Area of Circles Task Cards