In this NO PREP product, you get several activities that you can use for Pí Day (March 14). It begins with a scavenger hunt that allows students to discover where Pí comes from by using circumference and diameter of a circle. This product then allows students to practice what they have learned with a mystery picture and a riddle worksheet. It ends with a word search. This is most appropriate for grades 5-8.
Included in this NO PREP product:
• Scavenger Hunt - Where students will measure the circumference and diameter of several circles around the room. They will then take the circumference divided by the diameter to discover Pí.
• A Mystery Picture - Students will solve 16 problems involving circumference and then color in a grid that will spell out Pí DAY.
• A Riddle Worksheet - Students will solve for the diameter or circumference of a circle. Then, they will fill in the answer to a riddle.
• A Word Search - They will find several words in a puzzle.
• Reminder Tickets - You can print these out ahead of time to remind students to bring in pie for Pí Day (if you choose).
You can use all of these activities or just pick a few to celebrate Pí Day.