Products in this Bundle (9)
showing 1-5 of 9 products
Pi day is a perfect opportunity to teach your students all about the irrational number. This mega bundle includes easy to implement activities that will not only teach your students about pi, but also get them excited about this special math holiday on March 14th! Best of all, your students will still be practicing important math skills!
The following NINE activities are included in this pi day activities bundle:
1. Pi Day Number Frequency Activities Included in this product are three different activities where students will look at pi as an irrational number. Now includes a DIGITAL version to use with Google Slides.
- Activity #1: Students will investigate the first 100 digits of pi, record the frequency of digits 0-9 as a fraction and percent. They will then analyze the frequencies with questions and by making a bar graph.
- Activity #2: Students can color the digits of pi as a way to visualize the frequency of the different digits. They will create a color key and then use 10 different colors to show the frequency of digits 0-9 in a 100 grid. This is a fun challenge activity!
- Activity #3: In this activity you will challenge small groups to investigate the first 200, 300 or even 500 digits of pi! They will analyze the frequency of the digits and then show their findings through a pie chart and poster. Group guidelines along with a grading sheet is included to make things a breeze for the teacher!
2. Pi Day Scavenger Hunt In this activity students will search for different circular objects around the classroom (or even school), measuring and calculating pi! Your students will understand what pi is all about after completing this scavenger hunt!
3. Pi Day Crossword Challenge This fun crossword challenge is all about pi facts! Test your students knowledge about pi. This is a perfect activity for stations, right away work or even a fun homework assignment.
4. Pi Bee Kit Challenge your students to a pi bee! Students will compete to see who can memorize the most digits of pi. Included are handouts, posters and pi bee champion certificates. This is always a class favorite!
5. Area and Circumference Problem Solving In this pi day riddle your students will practice there area and circumference skills. This is a quick and easy homework or class assignment, perfect for pi day!
6. Color by Answer Pi Day Worksheet: After solving area and circumference problems students will find their answers on the coloring page and color according to the key. Once the problems are complete they will reveal a mystery picture.
7. Pi Day Project: Students will learn and celebrate all things pi with this fun "think-tac-toe" menu. They will choose and complete three projects from nine different options. Editable menu and rubric also are included.
8. FREE All About Pi Day Video and Question Sheet: This is a perfect intro to pi day activity. Students will watch a short video and answer questions found in the video. This a great way to get your students excited about pi!
9.FREE Pi Day Digits Display: Your students will work to color, assemble and display as many digits of the irrational number as possible. This makes a fun classroom display for pi day!
By purchasing this bundle you will also receive information about extra credit options I give my students for pi day. This includes a teacher information sheet about how I use the extra credit options as well as a letter to hand out to your students explaining the extra credit opportunities. These two extra credit options are
- Creating a Pi Day Shirt: Encouraging your students to make their own pi day t-shirt to wear on pi day. I love seeing how creative my students get with this extra credit option.
- Bringing in Pi Day Treats: Depending on your school's treat policy this is a fun way to measure pi from circular treats. Students can make or bring in store bought treats for your class celebration.
This bundle saves you 30% instead of purchasing each product individually.
Check out what other teachers are saying about this Pi Day Bundle:
- "My students absolutely loved this work and were still referring to it during their end of semester self reflections."
- Great resource! Certainly saved me a lot of time!"
- "Perfect no-prep plans for Pi Day! My 6th graders loved learning about Pi Day, the variety of activities were perfect for stations!"
- "Love it! High quality materials. Thanks!!"
- "Great activities for Pi Day. I was able to use it for all my 5th- 8th grade classes. Thanks for posting."