Also included in
- Everything you need for March! Spend more time teaching and less time planning with 9 resources designed to take work off your plate this month. Bell ringers, research, writing, reading, and vocabulary activities. Just plug and play! What you'll get:March digital warm ups / bell ringer journal withPrice $15.80Original Price $21.95Save $6.15
Celebrate Pi Day with these fun activities. Students will practice reading informational texts about pi and pie! Includes comprehension questions, finding the main idea, technical vocabulary, poetry, and creative writing.
Perfect cross-curricular activity. Why should math teachers have all the fun today??
- print, digital, and TpT Easel versions
- informational text about the history of pi ..and pie (really!)
- comprehension questions
- practice identifying main ideas and types of supporting detail in a text
- practice identifying and defining technical words and phrases
- acrostic number poem
- creative descriptive writing prompt
- answer key
- editable rubric
You can choose to complete all the activities or a few while students learn about this interesting day.
You can use one activity each day of the week to reinforce skills.
This will save you so much time -- and your students will love it!
Be sure to check the preview!
Reasons to love this :
- ready to teach -- print & digital
- great for sub plans, literacy centers, GATE, fast finishers, and differentiation
- fun and flexible
- a creative cross-curricular activity (why should math class get all the pi/pie?)
What teachers are saying about this PI Day resource:
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "My students loved this!"
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "Such a great reading about Pi Day! Even I learned something while reading this."
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "This was a great resource. My students loved hearing about pi!"
Please note: You'll get the download link for the digital slides on page 6 of the PDF.
You might also be interested in:
I'd love to have you follow my store. Click on the green star by my store name to receive info on the latest freebies, sales, and products.
I can't wait to hear from you! Be sure to leave feedback, and if you have a question or problem, leave a note for me in the Q & A. I'll get right back to you.