Have some hands-on math and art fun for National Pi Day (March 14th). Start off by explaining what pi actually is and then dive in to a number of hands-on math activities! These activities are suitable for students in grade 5 and up.
• What is Pi (2 pages)
• Fun Facts (1 page)
• Digits of Pi (2 pages)
• Hidden Picture (1 page)
• The Symbol (1 page): Greek alphabet page.
• Best Approximation (1 page): Which is closest?
• Mystery Spiral (1 page)
• 100 Digits: Graphing the frequency (1 page)
• Art Projects (8 pages)
• Pop Art
• Pi Words, Crossword, and Word Find (1 page each)
• Award Certificates (2 pages)
• Logic Puzzles (4 pages)
• 32 Area and Circumference of Circles Task Cards with QR Codes (10 pages), also included are the same task cards without QR codes (not included in page count). Please note: these task cards are also listed here, so please do not purchase both!
If you want just the task cards, please go to that listing.
• Answer Keys (5 pages)
• Credits (1 page)
Looking for Pi Day activities for your elementary students? Head over to Pi Day Fun
! You can also download a short activity and game with this freebie
You will also want to be sure and visit my blog for complementary low prep Pi Day activities!
Getting ready for a school-wide celebration or have students with vastly different mathematical abilities? Save money by purchasing this as part of a bundle: Pi Day Bundle!
○○○○○○○○○○○○○ Quick Links to Pi Day Resources
Pi Day FREEBIE
Pi Day Fun
Pi Day Pack
(for grades 5+)
Pi Day BUNDLE
Pi Day Crown Craftivity
Pi Day Doodle Notes Think & Ink
Circumference and Area of Circles Task Cards
Technology Integrated Art - Pi Day STEAM Project