Also included in
- Pi day is a perfect opportunity to teach your students all about the irrational number. This mega bundle includes easy to implement activities that will not only teach your students about pi, but also get them excited about this special math holiday on March 14th! Best of all, your students will st$11.90$18.25Save $6.35
Capture your students attention with this exciting pi day mini project. Not only will students be learning all about pi but they will choose different activities to complete. Best of all these completed assignments will make a fun display for your classroom.
Included with this resource is a "Think-Tac-Toe" menu in which students choose 3 options in a row to complete a "think-tac-toe"! Your students will have a tough time deciding from the following fun options:
- Pi in 3D: Create a colorful 3D display showing the first 100 digits of pi.
- Singing Pi: Write a song or poem explaining what pi is all about.
- Baking Pi: Cook or bake something circular and then take measurements to calculate pi.
- Irrational Pi: Complete two Frayer models that show the difference between irrational and rational numbers.
- Measuring Pi: Measure different circular objects to calculate pi.
- Einstein Web: Research and complete a web about Albert Einstein-whose birthday is on Pi Day!
- Pi Comics: Draw a comic explaining about pi or pi day.
- Pi Puppets: Perform a puppet show all about pi.
- Insta-Pi: Create an “Instagram” style post from the perspective of pi!
Also included is an editable version of the options menu as well as an editable rubric, both on a PowerPoint file.
You may also be interested in some of my other pi related resources:
- Number Frequncy of Pi
- Pi Bee Kit
- Pi Day Scavenger Hunt
- Pi Day Crossword Puzzle
- Area and Circumference Riddle Sheets
- Color by Answer Pi Day Sheet