Piano Karate was created to encourage and celebrate piano students, and to help them attain a long-range view of piano lessons and piano. Closely following Faber's series of Piano Adventures book, this incentive is easy to implement, monitor, and you won't have to come up with lots of additional activities or tests.
Taking the popular Karate Belt color levels to piano lessons also makes this assessment and incentive program incredibly easy for students to understand. Each belt color represents one of the books of the series, from Primer Level through Level 5 and beyond. Each belt color is broken down into 3 stripe levels, giving students both short and long-term goals.
In his book, The Dynamic Studio, Philip Johnston recommends implementing a Karate-style program to inspire students and celebrate their success. With this program - all the work is done for you. Piano Karate makes it easy to engage and recognize your students' achievements.
You may use the 21 page program in it's entirety with the included pdf file. Just print and give to students (either hole punched for binders or bound on their own).
Also included is a 21 page completely editable file, using Microsoft Power Point, allowing you to add specific tasks or you can make up your very own program. Great for teachers who use method books other than Faber - just click, type and print to give exciting, graphic-laden pages that will motivate your students.
Piano Karate is easy to use on it's own to be the only incentive program you offer, or you can use it alongside a practice incentive / other incentive program you already have in place. Because it so closely follows the lesson book and has the great feedback system of the belt colors and Student Graduation Cards, Piano Karate is truly so easy to add to your studio program!
Also included are:
- Congratulation Cards for each color level (perfectly size to put into a plastic trading card sleeve (sleeve not included).
- Piano Karate Membership Cards that you can print, laminate, hole punch, attach the appropriate colored ribbon (ribbons not included) and attach to student bags
- Bulletin Board Characters to print and have students move along a wall or bulletin board according to their level.
- A Poster showing the different belt levels. You can print out this file and use with the Bulletin Board Characters (above) to showcase students' progress.
- FREE Bonus Student Success Cards (celebrate successes such as mastering a scale, composing a piece, memorization, practicing, etc.
- Ideas how to display student levels.
* * * * * * *
I believe in full customer satisfaction and appreciate 4.0 star feedback. If, for any reason, you are considering less than a 4.0 star feedback in any category, please contact me before leaving feedback and I will do my best to earn your full satisfaction. You can contact me in the Q & A on TpT or through email (in file).
Thank you and wishing you great fun with your students!
Ready-made program is 21 pages, can add included editable file, lots of additional graphics