This pack was made to complement my Word Work Centers, but can be used with any word cards!
Have students pull one “Pick 3” card and follow the directions. All cards begin by picking three *new* word cards, so if your students use four “Pick 3” cards, they will practice twelve words and four different language skills.
Differentiate the word lists as you see fit for your students. You can use these activities with any of my Word Work packets, Word Walls, content vocabulary, spelling words, and more!
The skills covered are:
- Synonyms & antonyms
- Written & picture definition
- Types of Sentences (beginner & advanced terminology)
- Dictionary Skills (best-fit definition, guide words, sentences, pronunciation)
- Past, Present & Future Sentences
These activities align with the following 3rd Grade Common Core State Standards:
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.3 Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English grammar and usage when writing or speaking.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.3.2 Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English capitalization, punctuation, and spelling when writing.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.3.4 Determine or clarify the meaning of unknown and multiple-meaning word and phrases based on grade 3 reading and content, choosing flexibly from a range of strategies.
**PLEASE NOTE: These Pick 3 Activities are already found in my Seasonal Word Work Packs! If you have the Autumn, Winter, Spring & Summer Word Work Packs, DO NOT purchase this packet!**
Be sure to check out my post about Pick 3 here: http://goo.gl/yJlKNl
For more information, visit my blog: 3rd Grade Thoughts
Thanks and enjoy!