Fun, relevant, and engaging, this assignment/activity combo pack allows for student choice and extended learning.
Students begin by exploring an extensive list of Bishop Barron videos and choosing whatever topic is of most interest to them (the great part is, students don’t typically stop at watching just the one required video, but end up clicking around and checking out a number of Bishop Barron’s videos, thus learning even more than the assignment even asks them to!). Students are then asked to summarize all that they learned from the video and explain how they can/will apply what they learned to their own life.
On the day this assignment is due students particiapte in a fun all-class activity called “Museum Tour”. In short, one student chooses a song (possibly from the playlist of student-loved Christian music provided in this bundle!) and then the class spends time wandering about the room, admiring and learning from the numerous “works of art” created by everyone. This is all followed up by a time of class sharing, during which students teach one another about the wide variety of things they learned from watching Bishop Barron’s videos.
Your digital download includes:
- Full 2-day lesson plan rundown
- Ready-to-print “Pick a Barron!” worksheet
- Editable “Pick a Barron!” worksheet
- Museum Tour Expectations presentation, provided in the following formats: Keynote (Mac), Powerpoint (PC), pdf (universal)
- Spotify playlist full of Christian music tested out on my middle school students for many years (I only keep the songs that students seem to really enjoy!) :)
Howdy! My name is Greg Aitchison, a husband, father, and 14-year teacher of the Catholic faith. If you’re a teacher looking for fun, engaging, and inspiring resources that’ll and help your students become “mini-theologians” and “big-time SAINTS”, then you’ve come to the right place!
⭐⭐⭐ 5 AND THINGS TO DO:
1. Become a part of Join my e-mail list to get a bunch of freebies, enjoy great sales, and be the first to hear about all kinds of brand-new content! (*If you don’t love all the awesomeness, you can of course unsubscribe whenever you want.)
2. Click the “Follow Me” star at the top of this page to be notified of flash sales and new resources as soon as they’re available!
3. Get some ! Every time you give feedback for a product you have purchased, Teachers Pay Teachers will give you “feedback credits” that you can use to lower the cost of any of your future purchases. Just go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login), click the text that says Provide Feedback (beside each purchase), and leave a review! My goal is to and your feedback helps me do just that! It means A TON to me to get a 5-star review. Not only does it encourage other buyers to check out my products, but it inspires me to create even more fun and engaging resources!
4. Check out for all kinds of awesome Catholic merch (posters, stickers, coffee mugs, and more!). There are of designs to choose from, including posters for your classroom that can literally change the lives of your students. Don’t believe me? Check out my blog post, to see just how much of a game-changer I found posters to be in my classroom.
5. Visit my website, for even more resources and inspiration! ✝️
Thanks for stopping by!
Questions, comments, or just want to say “Hi!”? Drop me a line anytime! E-mail: Greg@CatholicReligionTeacher.com
Copyright © Catholic Religion Teacher - Products are for use by the original purchaser only and are bound by copyright laws. Redistributing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on the Internet are strictly prohibited without first gaining permission from the author.