This 29 page document is a fun way to practice math and reading at the same time.
In this story, one of the princesses is having a party and needs to invite all of her friends to come. Help the princess find each castle by answering clues along the way.
At each Princess you meet, there is a math problem to solve, with 3 multiple choice answers to choose from. Choose correctly and you will be directed to a different page in the story to meet the next Princess.
Choose incorrectly, and you will be directed to a Villain, with instructions to go back to the last problem and try again!
At the end of the story, there are 4 black and white, ready to print worksheets with word problems that review the concepts covered in the story. Each worksheet has the same superhero/villain theme as well.
This is for late 1st, and beginning 2nd grade math.
Topics covered include:
- Time (to the 5 minute increments)
- Time (how much time has elapsed)
- Money (adding dollars, quarters, dimes, nickels and pennies)
- Money (determining how much change needed to purchase item)
- Fractions (adding denominator and determining part of whole)
- Adding 2-3 sets of numbers.
- Subtracting 2 digit numbers.
- Adding 2 digit numbers
- Beginning multiplication (repeat addition problems)
All are in a word problem format with 3 choices, as well as space on the page to work through the problem.
I recommend printing each page full size and putting in a page protector for multiple students to use. Or you can have the students record their answers on a separate sheet of paper.
Please look for more in this set!