Social Stories are beneficial for helping children with an autism spectrum disorder be able to learn how to deal with a particular challenge. This story addresses the problem of children who pick their noses. This is good for the special education classroom and for younger grades. It was a very popular story for first and second grade teachers as this is a common issue! This packet includes the following:
- A full size book that can be read to the entire class. This is helpful if you are doing a unit for the whole class to work on not picking the nose.
- A half sized book that can be laminated and stored either in a desk or in the classroom library.
- A one page copy of the story to put in a page protector to be stored in a 3 ring binder. This is convenient for storing other stories.
- A student book version where the children can draw their own pictures to go with the words. For some children this creates more meaning and ownership of the story.
- A teacher visual and smaller student visuals that can be put on a desk.