Full text of the short horror classic Pickman's Model by H. P. Lovecraft, with additional materials to assist reluctant or challenged readers to gain interest and absorb the text.
This packet includes:
* A brief biography of author H. P. Lovecraft
* Pickman's Model in other Media
* Suggested Readings by the Author
* Full text of Pickman's Model (9 pages)
* Full text of Pickman's Model with vocabulary, alternate spellings, references and allusions underlined for easy identification
* Full vocabulary, alternate spelling, and reference and allusion definitions and explanations on separate pages
* Completed Character Detail Sheet Teacher Resources for Narrator/Thurber, Richard Upton Pickman, and Eliot
* Blank Character Detail Sheet handouts for students, in both Generic and Horror-specific formats
* Blank Character Detail Sheet editable PDFs for students who prefer to work on a computer, in both Generic and Horror-specific formats
With the clean, easy-to-read text, the expansive vocabulary and reference notes, and the very helpful Character Detail Sheets, readers who would otherwise not be interested in independent reading will find the story both engaging, entertaining, and simple to understand.
Teachers can use this packet with reluctant readers, as well as more enthusiastic readers interested in genre fiction, from grades 7 through 12. Many of the included files are in multiple formats (DOC, PDF, and/or XLS) for ease of use across multiple systems.