Over 15 different fun and educational activities to use with The Alphabet Tree by Leo Lionni!…plus 3 sets of pocket chart cards!
This must-have literature study is packed with learning resources and aligned to Common Core Standards. It has a little bit of everything for the different skill levels of students in Kindergarten, first grade and second grade. All you need is a copy of the book to read to your class and leave the rest to this Picture Book Companion. The preview will show you everything that’s inside, including:
About the Author & Illustrator
Class Book: “Our Alphabet Tree”
Foldable Book: “My Alphabet Tree” (2 versions)
• Story Sequence: Cut + Paste activity
• Bubble Map: Character Traits
• Flow Chart: Cause + Effect
• Venn Diagram: The Alphabet Tree vs. Chicka Chicka Boom Boom
• Three Types of Wind: breeze, gust, gale
• Word Map
Making Words with the Bug
• Vowel Sounds: short sounds + blends (2 versions of each)
• Cut + Paste letters onto leaves (2 versions)
• Word Family activity for _ug
Making Sentences with the Caterpillar
• Cut, Glue, Write, Draw! pages (2 versions)
• Singular & Plural Sentences (2 versions)
• How-to-Draw…a bug! Sentence Writing activity (2 versions)
Real-World Connection: Messages to the President
Arts & Crafts
• Toilet Paper Roll Bug
• Alphabet Stamp Tree
Pocket Chart Cards
• Vocabulary Words
• Letters for making words with the Bug
• Words for making sentences with the Caterpillar
Note: All clipart was created by hand on the computer using a stylus. Some faint lines on a few of the clipart images are visible on the screen when the PDF is opened on a computer, but do not appear that way when printed.
Thank you for visiting my store... Please come again soon!
I’d love to hear from you…
I truly appreciate your feedback--- plus you can earn TpT credit!
Would you like to hear from me?
I don’t mind if you follow me around… you will be the first to hear about all the new products and sales here at Four-eyes Learning Factory!