Unit study to accompany the book by Ruth Brown, families can explore the story of Grace Darling's heroic rescue of shipwrecked passengers on a stormy night in 1838.
The story takes place in the Farne Islands off the coast of Northumberland.
- learn about Northumberland with maps, flags and activities
- make a timeline
- write a biography
- learn about plot & sub-plot
- picture study
- painting rain & painting with rain
- learn about wind, the Beaufort scale
- make your own wind measuring equipment
- calculate wind speed
- make a regional recipe
Includes 8 minibooks, 3 fact sheets, 2 notebooking pages, full instructions and all necessary information.