A literature based unit study to accompany Stone Girl, Bone Girl by Laurence Anholt, illustrated by Sheila Moxley.
ISBN: 978-1845077006 (Picture book not included.)
Set in early 18th century Dorset, UK, this is the story of Mary Anning. A young girl whose determination and passion for fossils leads to the discovery of a complete ichthysaurus fossil.
In this Picture Book Explorers project study, you will find ideas for learning about different types of fossils through hands-on art and craft activities.
Your child can
- discuss ideas on Mary's character
- tackle practical maths activities
- practise fun creative writing
- create their own artwork using Sheila Moxley's illustrations as inspiration
- try a regional recipe and more.
You decide on the activities to make this a perfect project for your child.
~ instructions for over 20 activities
~ printables including worksheets, timeline, maps and flag
~ list of supplies needed
~ optional book & film go-along suggestions.