A literature based unit study and lapbook to accompany The Tale of Jemima Puddle-duck by Beatrix Potter.
ISBN 978-0723247784 (Book not included.)
Jemima wants to hatch her own eggs but the farmer's wife keeps giving them to a hen to incubate. Determined to hatch them herself, she sets off to find a suitable nesting place when she encounters a whiskery gentleman. Find out how Jemima finally achieves her dream with the help of her friends after being dramatically rescued.
This Picture Book Explorers topic pack takes you to the Lake District in Cumbria, UK as well as exploring the historic county of Lancashire, England. Includes information about Beatrix Potter and where she lived.
Your child can
- learn about the formation of natural lakes with a hands-on modelling activity
- investigate ducks through art and science activities
- learn how to use punctuation
- learn how to recognise literary techniques
- experiment with feathers and learn about their properties
- explore multiplication tables
- explore imperial measurements
- make regional food and more
- make a lapbook to record and display their achievements.
You choose the activities to tailor this study into the perfect educational journey for your child.
~ instructions for over 20 activities
~ over 40 pages of printables including timeline, minibook pieces, maps and flag
~ list of supplies needed
~ optional book go-along suggestions.
Activities are divided into 5 topic sections to make weekly planning easier for you.