Using literacy based intervention is a research based method of teaching a variety of language skills in speech therapy, and this resource was designed to make planning ! There are plans for 20 books you and your students will love to increase their oral and written language skills.
- Single page lesson plan for each book in b/w for easy printing
- Themes listed at the top of each page.
- A pre-reading activity to complete before reading the story. This is designed to activate your students background knowledge for the book.
- Four different activities related to the book including: discussion questions, target vocabulary, a hands on activity, and one specific language skill that relates well to that book.
- A 4 picture sequence that you can use for sequencing, retelling, describing characters & events, or working on syntax. There is an extra page of these pictures for each book that you can easily print and copy for groups.
- Lesson planning sheet for the year (plus example)
- Narrative retell visual with story grammar icons
- Writing page, with space to draw a picture, that you can use to work on written language for telling a favorite part of the story, making predictions, or alternative endings.
- Story retell graphic organizer
- Describing web graphic organizer
- Venn diagram for compare and contrast
- Vocabulary journal that can be kept for all of the stories
Lesson plans for the following books included: Chrysanthemum, Big Al, Stellaluna, A Color of His Own, The Paper Bag Princess, Giraffes Can't Dance, Ada Twist, Swimmy, Last Stop on Market Street, Officer Buckle and Gloria, The Word Collector, Love Monster, The Gruffalo, Kitten's First Full Moon, Dragons Love Tacos, Where the Wild Things Are, A Bad Case of Stripes, The Rainbow Fish, Stand Tall, Molly Lou Melon, Stuck
If you are looking for more ways to use books in your therapy, check out these book companions!
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!
Please make sure to follow my store for new product updates and a chance to snag early savings!
Thank you so much,
Stay in touch! Come visit me on the blog, Instagram, and Facebook to get more ideas for your Crazy Speech World!