Children need to think and talk about what they have read or what has been read to them. A good way to extend that reading experience is to write a connection to the story and then share that connection with others.
This product contains a list of some of my favorite picture books. There are 18.
Each book has a review and a writing page that extends the reading experience. Some books also have an art page.
These books make great read aloud stories and have wonderful illustrations.
They are available on amazon and in some school libraries.
The writing pages can be used individually, in small groups, during center time, or whole class writing time.
The book titles included are:
1. Hooray, A Piñata! - By Elisa Kleven
2. Me First - By Helen Lester
3. Mean Soup - By Betsy Everett
4. Merry Christmas Big Hungry Bear - By Don and Audrey Wood
5. Mouse TV - By Matt Novak
6. Santa Mouse - By Michael Brown
7. The Author with the Fancy Purple Pen - By Rozanne Lanczak Williams
8. The Color of Us - By Karen Katz
9. The Odd Egg - By Emily Gravett
10. The Perfect Nest - By Catherine Friend
11. The Pigeon Wants a Puppy! - By Mo Williams
12. Turkey Claus - By Wendi Silvano
13. Turkey Trouble - By Wendi Silvano
14. Don't Be Silly, Mrs. Millie - By Judy Cox
15. Library Mouse - By Daniel Kirk
16. We Share Everything! - By Robert Munsch
17. Fengiggly - By Kathy Goosev Howell
18. Love Being with You - Kathy Goosev Howell
If you are enjoying my products please click on the Follow Me button to be notified of new listings, free items, and sales on my TPT store. If you have time please vote and leave some feedback. Thank you.