Also included in
- If you're looking for core vocabulary activities for your beginning AAC users, this resource is for you. This AAC Starter Kit resource is for you to get started with implementing core words now, even if you don't know a lot about AAC! Support alternative communicators with core words in your speechPrice $76.20Original Price $94.75Save $18.55
- Are you looking for a curriculum for your AAC users that builds core word use, formulation of phrases and sentences, formulation of narratives, and touches on writing skills? Feel confident implementing core vocabulary with your nonverbal and minimally verbal students.This time and money-saving bundPrice $574.90Original Price $703.50Save $128.60
This picture communication book is perfect for students who need a robust core word based AAC system but don't have access to high tech. Your AAC users need a system that has a robust vocabulary and is based on core words. This inexpensive communication book is just what you need to get them started.
With 2 different sizes of core word boards to choose from and multiple pages with additional core plus relevant fringe vocabulary your students will be communicating in no time.
This is a multi-page core & fringe vocabulary book with hundreds of words. It goes into a 3-ring binder, as shown in the photos, after being printed and laminated.
• The first 2 pages make up the core vocabulary board that is visible/available at all times.
• There are 2 versions; one more robust than the other. There are 48 core word and 30 core word versions.
• 39 12-location pages for a variety of vocabulary to provide sufficient words for students to communicate.
• Pages include vocabulary symbols for
- describing words,
- spatial words,
- body parts,
- health/what's wrong,
- numbers & letters.
- All pages are tabbed for ease of use.
• blank pages to which you can add your own pictures and vocabulary that are important to your student/child - foods, toys, people, places, etc.
• 9 location core word board to put on the front of the notebook.
• core words 3x5 (approximately) cards to cut apart, laminate and put on a ring to carry with you. These come in handy in a variety of situations.
• 3X5 sizes of all of the 48 core words in the core word board, to create a classroom-sized communication display.
discussion of core words and ideas for intervention.
brochure about Aided Language Stimulation to share.
- I’ve used this with minimally verbal students for communication in the classroom. Well organized with helpful assembly directions.
- My students love this! When I give them different options of what they’d like to use (core board, iPad, etc.), this book is always their choice.
- This material saved me the time of making the materials on my own and is just what I needed for my AAC students.
How to teach core words use?
For a second year of core word teaching activities try More of the Core.
©susan berkowitz, slp