Make your world history unit come alive with these engaging vocabulary and content activities. Use these resources with your beginner and intermediate level English Language Learners, ESL, or EFL or Special Education students to make the content of ancient Neolithic societies comprehensible.
Research shows English Language Learners and special needs students require multiple exposure to content in various formats. Use this Picture Dictionary and Student Workbook to engage your students as they learn content, vocabulary, and academic language.
Research also shows that grammar concepts are more effective when learned in context and not as an isolated skill. In this unit, students learn and practice using simple present and past tense verbs.
Note: This is the second unit in my world history series. You can use this alone or as a continuation of the series. I will be adding new units to this series periodically. You can find them here.
Included in this Unit: Three Resources in One!
The Picture Dictionary in the Content Area
• Vocabulary Picture Anchor Chart/Study Guide
• Language Builder: Main Idea Concepts of The Agricultural Revolution
• Grammar in Context: Action Verbs
• Agricultural Revolution Visual Timeline/Flowchart
• Origin of Domesticated Animals Visual Map
The Picture Dictionary in the Content Area Student Workbook
• Vocabulary Practices (Multiple Exposure Activities to Unit Vocabulary)
• Vocabulary Categorizing Activity
• Read a Map Activity (Origins of Domesticated Animals)
• Grammar Focus: Forming Simple Past Tense Verbs
• Forming Questions and Answers – “Do you have any + Vocabulary Word)
• Reading a Migration Map and Answering Questions – Where?
• Cause & Effect Graphic Organizer and Forming Sentences Using “because”
• Write a Main Idea Paragraph
The Picture Dictionary in the Content Area Teacher’s Guide
• Teaching Suggestions
• Content and Language Objectives
• Extension Activities
• Three and Four Column Editable Vocabulary Organizers
• Answer Keys to Student Activities
You can find all of my resources for English Language Learners here:
ESL EFL Resources
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Follow Me to Receive Notices About New Resources and Resource Updates