Piecewise Functions for Algebra: "doodle notes" -
When students color or doodle in math class, it activates both hemispheres of the brain at the same time. There are proven benefits of this cross-lateral brain activity:
- new learning
- relaxation (less math anxiety)
- visual connections
- better memory & retention of the content!
Students fill in the sheets, answer the questions, and color, doodle or embellish. Then, they can use it as a study guide later on.
** This resource is also available as part of a DISCOUNTED bundle: Functions Bundle
- open circles vs. closed circles for endpoints
- finding sub- domains
- graphing piecewise functions
- writing the function pieces from a graph
- writing an equation and graphing a real-world situation
- main idea & concept
- practice & examples
TWO VERSIONS are included - one contains only linear functions. The other includes higher degrees. Use the one that is most appropriate for your class.
Check out the preview for more detail about this item and the research behind it.
You might also like:
Algebra 1 Super Bundle
Consumer Math & Personal Finance: Complete Unit
Conquest Game - Algebra Set 1 - Solving Equations