Pig Autopsy: Fetal Pig Dissection Lab (CSI Style)
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Great lab experiences are the key to a successful Science course. Engage your Forensics students with these 10 "must-do" forensics labs. These labs were voted by my Forensic Science students as their "favorites" for the year.These labs are PERFECT for teachers on a budget and for new Forensics teachPrice $48.00Original Price $56.10Save $8.10
Don't settle for the traditional Pig Dissection lab - get your Forensics , Biology or Anatomy students ENGAGED with this C.S.I. take on the traditional pig dissection lab. Your students will take on the role of a Forensic Pathologist to determine the cause of death for their fetal pig. Everything is included for this 5-8 day lab investigation. My students say it's their most memorable high school lab and I know that your students will find it equally as exciting!
⭐EDITABLE PowerPoint Presentation with step by step instructions (51 slides-pictures included)
⭐Virtual Autopsy- practice before the REAL thing!
⭐The Role of a Pathologist: web-based research activity w/ video clips
⭐Student Guidebook Printable (16 pages of instructions, FITB notes, worksheets, diagrams, etc.)
⭐Teacher Guidebook (includes set-up, instructions and answer keys)
Timeline of Activities:
►Day 1: Introduction Lesson (FITB notes) and research activity
►Day 2: Lab Prep- lesson and virtual autopsy activity w/ guided worksheet
►Day 3: External Autopsy lesson & lab (autopsy report completed)
►Day 4: Internal Autopsy lesson w/ internal anatomy color diagram assignment
►Day 5: Internal Autopsy (removing the organ block)
►Day 6: Organ dissection and observations (completion of autopsy report)
►Day 7: Discovery Day
►Day 8: Pig sutures and completion of Death Certificate
►Day 9: Pig Funeral --> ❤️A student FAVORITE!❤️
You may also be interested in these Forensics resources:
• Forensic Science: Investigative Processes Classroom Escape Activity
• Forensics Activity: Blood Spatter WebQuest
• Forensics Blood Typing Lab Investigation
• Forensics Case Study Project: Making a Murderer (Steven Avery)
• Forensics: Death and The Body Flipbook
• Forensics: Toxicology Lab Investigation
TPT Customer Tips:
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
*Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. Feedback and ratings are most greatly appreciated.
Be the first to know about my sales, discounts, freebies and new products:
*Look for the green star next to my store logo (THE TRENDY SCIENCE TEACHER) and click it to become a follower. That's it! You will now receive email updates about this store.