Pig The Pug by Aaron Blabey | Story Book Companion Activity Pack
***NOTE: This product contains BOTH standard US sized file and Australian A4 sized files ***
Based on the popular story, ‘Pig the Pug’ written by Aaron Blabey, these fun and engaging activities will help young children develop important literacy skills and math skills while learning about the story elements, developing comprehension skills and character analysis skills.
Activities in this mini pack also make wonderful addition to a pet unit or theme and is a great way to teach children the importance of sharing.
The Pig The Pug story book printables and activities in this pack include:
• Story elements printable.
• Favorite part of the story printable.
• Pig the Pug and Trevor character profile printables.
• Beginning, middle and end printable (various versions - select most suitable for your classroom needs or use other options with other Pig the Pug books - e.g. Pig the Fibber, Pig the Winner).
• Pig the Pug characters - popsicle puppet props - great for literacy centres.
• Trevor rhyming word matching game.
• All about dogs printable.
• Fun 'Give the Dog a Bone' sight word literacy centre game (Dolch list 1).
• 'Puppy Pals' sight word sorting game (sorting 10 sight words).
• Pig the Pug - 'sharing is caring' printables.
• Cause and effect.
• Pig the Pug story sequencing cards (colour and black and white versions included).
• Pig the Pug and Trevor printable play dough mats.
• 'Puppy Pals' addition dice game activity mats (simple addition).
• 'Sharing is caring' activity mats (simple division).
• Pig the Pug measuring cards and printables.
• Letter Pp and Tt collage/craft printable.
Some activities are in black and white, others are colored to print, laminate and keep forever! There are also multiple copies of some printables, to allow for a differentiated curriculum. Some of the printables (for example character profile sheets) can also be used for other Pig the Pug books.
This pack is great to add to your relief teacher kit or to put in your sub tub.
For other fun and engaging bear activities, you can check out my TPT store HERE - FOUR CHEEKY MONKEYS
Other resources and activities you may like:
★ Mrs Wishy Washy Story Book Activity Pack
★ Rainbow facts / friends of 10 activities
★ The Rainbow Fish Printables
★ Teddy Bear's Picnic Literacy and Numeracy Fun
★ Very Cranky Bear Literacy Fun Pack
★ Little Red Hen Makes A Pizza Literacy Pack
★ Art Elements For Kids
You can also follow me for the latest news on products and sales.
If you have any questions or are after a specific resource, I’d love to hear from you!
I hope you enjoy these resources!
For other fun ideas to do with early childhood children you can check out my blog HERE
or you can follow me on Pinterest HERE