This 32-page theme unit by Love to Learn is meant to be used with Mo Willems' popular Pigeon books. In this unit you will find:
- Art: crafts in which students cut out and put together the pigeon (with or without speech bubbles) and his bus.
- Math: Students count the number of items about which the pigeon is thinking.
- Graphing: As a class, students graph several questions about the pigeon (Which animal would be the best friend for the pigeon? What would be the best food for the pigeon? What time should the pigeon go to bed?) and then answer questions and create statements about these graphs.
- Language Arts: There are several writing activities, including:
- Which animal would make the best friend for the pigeon and why?
- Which food would be the best for the pigeon and why?
- Writing a persuasive letter to a parent/guardian about why they should stay up late.
- Writing about why they would or would not allow the pigeon to stay up late.
**Nov. 29,2012 - This unit has been updated to include new fonts, frames & graphics**
Thanks for looking!
- Love to Learn, 2012