Click on the PREVIEW to see LOTS of samples!
If you want your students to get excited and interested in learning about Pilgrims
and the first Thanksgiving
, do it from a child’s perspective
... today’s kiddos studying about children in the 17th century.
Believe me, you’ll certainly grab their attention
. Shocker; no electricity and lots of work to do!
actually sailed on the Mayflower
, with two born along the way
I spent a great deal of time researching children during this time period, to create this packet, which can be simplified for PK kiddos, and ramped up for older elementary students
, who will really enjoy the writing prompts
The packet includes:
* A dozen Venn diagrams
, which are an excellent way to present a great deal of interesting background information, while children practice comparing and contrasting
* Several graphic organizers, KWLs, graphing
extensions and worksheets
* A variety of writing prompts
, including an assortment of letter writing craftivities
* A dozen games
that were played during that time period, so it can be supposed that Pilgrim children might also have played them. Surprisingly, a few your students may still play today!
* 2 super-fun measurement activities
that will make sailing on the Mayflower and living in a tiny Pilgrim house more real to your students.
* I’ve also included a few photographs of the Mayflower II and the huts at Plimoth Plantation that I took, on a recent vacation in Massachusetts. Sharing these with your kiddos also brings the 17th century to life.
* A Pilgrim TP tube craftivity, and as always . . .
* Photographs & completed samples so that you can quickly & easily make examples to share.
I’m Diane from Teach With Me, hoping your students enjoy learning about Pilgrim children, as they practice a variety of standards
Click here, to see more Thanksgiving Activities.