This is a 5-7 day class shared research project on the life of the Pilgrims and how that differs from our lives today. This project integrates Reading, Writing, and Speaking & Listening Common CORE Standards, as well as Social Studies.
This unit is designed to introduce the idea of a shared research project, and guide students through the process together, in a simple way. It's flexible and allows the final project/report to be completed by making one class book, or individual student books.
It fits perfectly into your Thanksgiving and/or Long Ago & Today activities!
Included in the unit are:
* A list of Common CORE Standards covered
* Day-by-day lesson plans
* Accompanying activities for students
* Cover page & report pages for final student/class product
* 3 additional fun activities -
- How to Talk Like a Pilgrim
- How Things Have Changed
- Helping the Pilgrims
* Assessment rubric for the entire project
* Example of final project
Your students will have a blast learning about how the Pilgrims lived and comparing that to life today...all while conducting their very own research report!