This print-and-go unit is perfect to imbed social studies into your literacy block or literacy into your social studies block! The resource includes a tabbed booklet about the lives of early American pioneers. To accompany the booklet, there are reading comprehension activities and assessments for each topic within the booklet. The resource can be used in whole groups or with small guided reading groups.
• Who were pioneers?
• Who were Native Americans?
• The relationship between pioneers and Native Americans
• Natural resources necessary to pioneer life
• The journey west
• The importance of pioneer history
Literacy Skills and Strategies Included:
• written response
• building schema
• compare & contrast
• fact & opinion
• citing evidence
• non-fiction text features
• links to extension resources
Please take a look at the preview to get a thorough view of the resource!
You May Also Like...
Immigration: Literacy Resources to Teach About Immigration and Ellis Island