A comprehensive literacy unit to accompany the very funny picture book Piranhas Don't Eat Bananas by Aaron Blabey.
Included in this packet:
• Book Study Title Page
• Story Summary
• Piranhas Don’t Eat Bananas Comprehension (UK and US spelling)
• Piranhas Don’t Eat Bananas Book Review (UK and US Spelling)
• Q and A with Brian (Basic 1 page and Extension 2 page worksheets)
• Rhyming Words – match the rhyming words cut and glue activity.
• Rhyming Words – think of your own rhyming words to match some of those used in the book.
• Cover Redesign
• Food for Thought Sort – sort the pictures according to what Brian eats and what the other piranhas eat.
• Persuasive Letter Writing.This activity includes a planning page, draft page, persuasive writing checklist and publishing page.
• Comic Strip – students use the comic panels and speech bubbles to recreate some of the funny moments from this book.
• My Favourite/Favorite Fruit - a great descriptive activity to encourage adjective and simile use (UK and US spelling included).
• Recipe for a Fruit Platter – design your own fruit platter.
• Piranhas Can/Have/Are/Interesting Facts – students can write a simple information report about Piranhas.
• Piranha Craftivity
If you liked this literacy unit, you might like to also try Where the Wild Things Are Complete Packet
Please remember to leave feedback on my resource.
- All products are Copyright of Lisa Skaug and Little Blue Birdies.
- This product is for single use in your classroom only.
- You may not share, sell, trade, edit or redistribute these resources in any way.
Little Blue Birdies