Enjoy this pirate themed math center, perfect for primary grades. Each word problem uses addition or subtraction to 20 (unknowns in various positions).
Materials come in both color and blackline versions. For added fun, create a "treasure hunt" around the classroom to find the word problems.
- 12 Colorful Pirate Themed Word Problem Cards (for centers)
- QR Code Answer Cards (for optional use as a self correcting center)
- Recording Sheets
- Worksheet pages for homework or quizzes (using the same word problems as reinforcement)
- Answer Key for easy correcting
- Word Problem Mini-books- Students will create and solve their own pirate word problems using the images for inspiration. Blanks and differentiated versions are included.
Be sure to click PREVIEW to see what's inside.
Possible Common Core alignment: 1.OA.1-Use addition and subtraction within 20 to solve word problems with unknowns
To stock up on word problems for the entire year (and save 35%) check out my growing Ultimate 1st Grade Word Problem Bundle!
For a few of my favorite word problem themes
- Swimming into Problem Solving (beach/ocean theme)
- Safari Word Problems
- Camping Themed Word Problems
- Carnival/Amusement Park Word Problems
K's Classroom Kreations