Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
I designed this product for a pirate-themed day to celebrate National Talk Like a Pirate Day, but you could pull off a pirate transformation any time of the year! This product includes two versions- a PDF of premade activities at a third grade level (as shown in preview) and a PPT of editable pages you could use with any grade level!
COLOR AND BLACK & WHITE VERSIONS INCLUDED FOR FLEXIBLE PRINTING!
In the PDF version of this product, you’ll find:
- Letter from a Pirate (to build anticipation- I had our AP deliver it!)
- Pirate Name creator (students use qualities about themselves to discover their pirate name)
- A Pirate Tale creative writing (open-ended- I used as an early-finisher)
- Pirate Products with spinners (students use spinner to choose model)
- Earth Materials Treasure Hunt with task cards (students match description on task card to Earth material- I used this as a scoot and had students "dig" for the task cards)
- Pirate’s Life informational article (used to highlight, label, and study text and graphic features)
- Pirate word scramble
- Pirate Map creator
- Color by Sum/Product
- Ahoy Mateys banner (print, laminate, hole punch, string, display!)
The PPT version contains all listed above in editable format EXCEPT for the color by number pages. The headings on the editable pages have been altered to allow for more freedom of use in your classroom. You must have Powerpoint to access the editable file.
Visit my Instagram, Grade3inAZ, and watch the story highlight titled PIRATE DAY to see how I used these activities in my classroom.
I hope you and your students LOVE all of these pirate-y activities!
If you use this product in your classroom, I'd love for you to share on Instagram and tag me @grade3inaz so that I can see!
Thank you for your purchase and support :)