A fun pack full of materials for implementing your own literacy night! Invite parents and families to participate in 7 fun pirate themed activities using the book Rufus Goes to Sea.
This pack includes...
- Tips/Pointers for putting materials together
(learned from personal experience!)
- Flyer to notify families of event
- Pictures of the stations from our own Pirate Family Literacy Night
- Posters for 7 different stations
- One poster for stations to direct traffic
- Pirate Plunder Snack Tickets
- Family Reading Pledge Card
- Pirate Bookmarks
- Sign-in sheet for volunteers/faculty to sign in
and materials for the following seven stations:
Pirate Plunder: Make a fun snack craft: a doughnut pirate ship!
The Greatest Treasure: Read a pirate reader's theater script and make a hook to wear on your hand.
Pirate Cove: Grab a pirate-y book and read in Pirate Cove.
Dig for Buried Treasure: Dig through wading pools to find rhyming words (K-2) or words with prefixes (3-5).
Out to Sea: Listen to Rufus Goes to Sea and make your own pirate hat to wear.
How I Became a Pirate: Write your own adventure story and make a paper plate pirate craft.
Treasure Map: Make and play a treasure map game to practice word families.
This product, once purchased, is licensed to be used in one school. Additional school must purchase additional licenses.
Camping Family Literacy Night
Movie Family Literacy Night
Dream Big! Family Dream Night
Feedback is appreciated! Follow my store for updates!