Math Games & Centers! Ahoy Mateys!!! It is time for some pirate fun! Your students will LOVE these 8 pirate themed centers!!! All of these COMMON CORE ALIGNED (standards within grades 1 and 2 Operations and Algebraic Thinking, Numbers and Operations in Base Ten and Measurement + Data) activities will keep your students engaged and learning! You might even find yourself wanting to play!
Included in this packet:
1. X MARKS THE SPOT - Students challenge themselves and their classmates in this game! Students use their knowledge of counting on and 10 more/10 less to try and be the first to get to the X that marks the spot! (printer-friendly option included)
2. HOIST THE SAILS – In this activity, your students will manipulate materials to decompose numbers and make number models. Your students will love piecing together the pirate ship.
3. ANCHORS AWAY – The race in on! Who will be the first to drop their anchor in this comparing numbers game! (differentiated version included too!)
4. WALK THE PLANK – I hope you have been practicing place value; otherwise, you could end up walking the plank. Students test their knowledge of place value in this suspenseful game.
***Addition + Subtraction Game Variation*** - Your buccaneers test their knowledge of addition and subtraction within 20 (printer-friendly option included)
5. PIRATE TREASURE – Which pirate will get to the treasure first? Students practice addition facts in these dice games! Included are 4 different games for loads of fun! (Double the roll, double the roll plus one, roll plus 5, roll plus 10)
6. BUCCANEER CLOCKS – Match the pirates' pocket watches (analog) with the digital times! (time to the hour and half hour, time to the 5 minutes, and a blank version included!)
7. MEASURING THE BLACK PEARL – The ship is about to set sail, but not without the correct measurements. Help the pirate measure items with paperclips and rulers for his cap’n!
8. GOLD COIN TEN FRAME SLAPJACK – This fast paced game will be a favorite for your students! (Both an easier ten frame set with numerals and a more difficult set without numerals are included. These ten frames can also be used for Go Fish and Memory, or simply be put on display in the classroom.)
Download the preview for a closer look! ;-)
Please feel free to contact me with any questions! I can be reached at email@example.com.
THANK YOU FOR STOPPING BY!!