Send your students on an epic Math Quest with this exciting pirate story “Redbeard’s Rebellion”. It covers a mix of math skills, which makes it a great activity for math practice and review. This is the HARD single level packet. Use to add some extra fun during math time, for your early finishers or the sub tub. With six exciting chapters to work through, students can end up with one of four possible endings.
Optional Video Hook provided to introduce students to the activity. A written story is also provided in the download. Use one or the other (or both if you wish).
VIDEO STORY HOOK HERE - TPT
SINGLE HARD LEVEL PACKET
There are three levels of difficulty (EASY, MEDIUM, HARD) available for this Math Quest. You are currently viewing the HARD
level version. Other levels can be purchased separately/bundled if you require a different level of math OR if you would like to differentiate this activity within your classroom. As long as the chapter number is the same, you can swap chapters across difficulty levels to tailor this math quest to best suit your class and/or individual student needs.
CLICK HERE for Redbeard's Rebellion - THREE LEVELS IN ONE BUNDLE
You can find the separate difficulty levels to purchase through these links below:
Math Quest: Redbeard's Rebellion (EASY LEVEL)
Math Quest: Redbeard's Rebellion (MEDIUM LEVEL)
Math Quest: Redbeard's Rebellion (HARD LEVEL)
Students will be presented with a variety of activities, puzzles and challenges to progress through the chapters of the story. The skills covered over all of these include:
- Coordinates & Mapping (Four Quadrants, positive and negative numbers)
- Multiplication (single digit by double digit, and double digit by double digit numbers)
- Adding multiple large numbers together
- Open Ended Puzzle with fill in the blanks to make a number (Order of operations knowledge required)
- Adding Decimals (wholes/tenths)
- Subtracting Decimals (wholes/tenths)
- Prime Numbers
- Order of Operations (complete equations with addition, subtraction, multiplication and division with single digit to triple digit numbers.)
- Multiplying decimals (to the tenths only) by single digit whole numbers
Bonus Literacy Activities Included
You will also receive FOUR bonus literacy activities for students to use at the end of the Math Quest. These can be a great option for your early finishers or to extend the activity.
Thank you and enjoy!
MORE Math Quests Available, below are the links to the bundled difficulty levels
The Heartless Queen - Math Quest
Reindeer Roundup - Math Quest
The Terrible Turkey Takeover - Math Quest
Escape Monster Mansion - Math Quest
Look for the little green star near my store name and click to follow to stay updated on new products being upload