Pirate Noun - Verb Digital Sort for Distance Learning
Also included in
- Looking for a fun way to celebrate Talk Like a Pirate Day? Reading How I Became a Pirate and want a fun game to go along with it? This bundle of pirate-themed activities is perfect! Students can practice retelling the story, sorting nouns from verbs, general pirate vocabulary, and even the homophonePrice $5.40Original Price $6.75Save $1.35
This is the digital version of the Pirate Noun - Verb sort I developed to use with the book How I Became A Pirate, though it is not dependent on the book. I really just wanted an opportunity for my students to see and understand the vocabulary better as well as to practice distinguishing between nouns and verbs. There are 49 words to be sorted between four categories: people nouns, place nouns, thing nouns, and action verbs. The pictures really help my ESL students start to better understand the vocabulary they're hearing in the story and the activity is a great center project for the kids. To use this Google Slide version you will want to delete page 2 (answer key) and make a copy for each student. Students then drag the word (hooked to the picture and unchangeable) into the correct category.
Don't forget to check out my other fun pirate activities:
- Paper Pirate Vocabulary game: Pirate Vocabulary Games and Activities
- Google Sheets Pirate Vocabulary game: Pirate Vocabulary Digital Board Game
- Excel Pirate Vocabulary game: Pirate Vocabulary Digital Board Game
- Pirate Homophones (are, our, hour): paper version, digital version
- How I Became a Pirate Sentence Sequencing Activity: paper version, digital version
- Pirate Noun - Verb Sort: paper version
For more information about this resource, and other fun pirate-themed activities, see my blog post: National Talk Like a Pirate Day.