This game was designed to be used in my first grade classroom during math center time. I use a daily 4 approach so my games are designed to be able to be played independently by the students with out much teacher direction. This game is aligned to the common core standards: 1.G.2 & 1.G.3
All my common core file folder games are also available in a cost effective bundle. Check out my store for details!
• Print out gold coins in color on card stock and laminate. Cut out
• Print out playing cards in color on cardstock. Print out double sided with the front of the cards (yellow with pirate hat) with the geometry terms. (see picture) Laminate & cut out
• Print out games boards and game labels in color on computer paper.
o These will get pasted into the file folder (see pictures)
• Laminate file folder for durability
• Use bingo markers as playing pieces. (or any other fun object)
• Two students play, youngest goes first.
• Place playing cards face down in a pile on table. Place gold coins next to cards
• Students take turns taking a card. They read what is on the card and move their playing piece to the corresponding picture. Card goes on bottom of pile
o Example: Player chooses a card that reads triangle. The move their piece to the spot on the board with a triangle.
• The first person to move their piece to the treasure chest gets a gold coin and play starts over again. Play continues until there are no more gold coins. Player with the most coins at the end is the winner.